Keokuk Union Depot — Rental and Events
The Depot is a popular venue for public events such as concerts, art festivals, or book signings as well as private events including weddings, receptions, rehearsal dinners, showers, anniversaries, class reunions, and group or business meetings.
The building is usable year-round. The waiting room is equipped with heat, air conditioning, and rest rooms. Further improvements are planned as resources become available.
The Depot waiting room set up for a wedding rehearsal
dinner in July 2014. Photo by Richard Leonard
The Depot hosted the Keokuk Arts Festival in June 2017.
Photo by Richard Leonard
Attendees enjoy an anniversary celebration at the
Depot in September 2015. Photo by Doug Ewing
Depot supporters sign tiles to be placed on the restored
roof, October 2017. Photo by Richard Leonard
An auction sponsored by the Questers on September 21, 2013
netted more than $8200 toward the work of preserving
the Depot. Photo by Richard Leonard
Depot Foundation director Richard Leonard, in conductor's costume,
demonstrates his HO gauge model train to young visitors during the
Keokuk "Power 100" celebration, June 2013. Photo by Sandra Seabold
Pictured on this page are some of the events the Depot has hosted during the past several years. A schedule of recent and forthcoming events at the Depot appears at the bottom of this page. Rental receipts help to support the ongoing work of restoring this historic structure and adapting it to better serve the community.
Rent the Depot for Your Event!
Click here to view the Depot Rental Agreement
that contains the information you need
to reserve the Depot for your activity.
(PDF file opens in a separate window.)
The Depot hosted "Keokuk Rocks the Arts" for the Fine Arts
Council on September 22, 2018. Photo by Sandra Seabold
The popular duo "Switchback" presented a concert of American roots
and celtic soul music at the Depot on December 1, 2017.
Photo by Sandra Seabold
Nalani Proctor and her group presented a concert at the
Depot on September 15, 2017. Photo by Sandra Seabold
The Depot's entry in Keokuk's "City of Christmas" light display
at Rand Park, December 2015. Photo by Janet M. Smith
Author Dean Klinkenberg signs copies of his latest
novel on February 28, 2015. Photo by Richard Leonard
Santa, with his elves and reindeer, makes his appearance to 170
Keokuk public school children on December 12, 2012 as the
Depot hosts "The Polar Express." Photo by Richard Leonard
Rent the Depot for your community, group, or family activity! Phone Carla Celania, 319-524-4887, for information
and available dates. Click here to view the Depot Rental Agreement. (PDF file opens in a separate window.)
Recent and Forthcoming Events at the Depot
Forthcoming public events are in bold type. Schedule updated April 15, 2019; some events may be tentative.
Funds raised through events at the Depot support onging efforts to restore and maintain the facility as a community resource.
- Saturday, December 1, 2018 — LDS Christmas Open House and Dinner (Private)
- Saturday, December 8, 2018, 7:30 p.m. — Switchback Christmas Concert
- Saturday, December 15, 2018 — Birthday Party (Private)
- Saturday, December 22, 2018 — Private Party (Private)
- Sunday, December 23, 2018 — Family Christmas Party (Private)
- Friday, January 4, 2019 — Rehearsal Dinner (Private)
- Saturday, January 19, 2019 — Birthday Party (Private)
- Saturday, January 26, 2019, 7-11 a.m. — Pancake Breakfast by Tri-State Moms on a Mission (to benefit local U.S. Coast Guard families)
- Saturday, March 2, 2019 — Birthday Party (Private)
- Friday, March 22, 2019 — Rehearsal Dinner (Private)
- Sunday, March 31, 2019 — Bridal Shower (Private)
- Friday, April 5, 2019 — Rehearsal Dinner (Private)
- Saturday, April 6, 2019 — Birthday Party (Private)
- Saturday, April 20, 2019 — Birthday Party (Private)
- Saturday, April 27, 2019 — Baby Shower (Private)
- Sunday, May 19, 2019 — Private Event (Private)
- Saturday, June 1, 2019 — Wedding Reception (Private)
- Saturday, June 8, 2019 — Wedding (Private)
- Friday and Saturday, June 21-22, 2019 — Class Reunion (Private)
- Sunday, July 14, 2019 — Memorial Service (Private)
- Sunday, August 25, 2019 — Family Reunion (Private)
- Sunday, September 15, 2019 — Keokuk High School Class of 1964 Breakfast (Private)
- Saturday, September 28, 2019 — Keokuk High School Class of 1984 Reunion (Private)
- Saturday, October 5, 2019 — Wedding (Private)
- Saturday, October 19, 2019 — Wedding Reception (Private)
- Saturday, October 26, 2019 — Depot Pancake Breakfast
- Saturday, December 7, 2019 — Luncheon (Private)
This postcard view of the Depot from the early 1900s was printed in Germany. Contributed by Sharon Walden, Salem, Iowa